Chef Robert Leoci’s Georgia Strawberry Vinaigrette
We were lucky enough to catch an episode of Georgia Grown that featured Bee Wild’s Wildflower Honey. In this episode Chef Robert Leoci of Savannah, Georgia created a recipe for Georgia Strawberry Vinaigrette. (By the way, Georgia Grown can be seen on GPBTV.) All of the ingredients on Georgia Grown are local, seasonal, and organic. In this recipe Chef Leoci uses our Wildflower Honey, salad greens, strawberries, lemon juice, olive oil, and pecans. So, this salad would be a great late spring/early summer meal with some grilled organic fish or chicken.
Are The Ingredients Healthy?
Let’s go through the health benefits of some of Chef Leoci’s ingredients. Of course, salad greens are a great source of water, fiber, and minerals (if they are grown in mineral rich soil). Strawberries are so healthy, packed with Vitamin C, they often are considered to be a superfood. Lemon juice is a great cleanser and adds a good balance of sour to the sweet taste of the honey. The surprise for me is that pecans are high in anti-oxidants according to Dr. Joseph Mercola. So, this vinaigrette gets a 5 star rating for healthy eating!!!
- 1 cup whole Georgia strawberries
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Bee Wild Wildflower Honey
- 2 tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- A few leaves of fresh organic basil
- In a blender, blend strawberries and garlic until smooth.
- Add oil slowly until emulsified.
- Add mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and basil. Blend.
- Serve over a green salad with Georgia pecans as a garnish.