In honor of our Mindblasting Indian Street Food experience at Chai Pani Decatur, see http://beewild.buzz/mindblasting-indian-street-food/, we are sharing two recipes for Indian Street Food where honey is a prominent ingredient. The first recipe we are sharing is for a side dish, Honey Braised Red Cabbage. I can just see this on a tray of Thali right now!
We would like to thank indobase.com for this delicious recipe:
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Green Apple (sliced thin)
- 1 head Red Cabbage (core removed and sliced thin)
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (cracked)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Add red onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in green apple and red cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and honey and mix well.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cover the saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, or till the cabbage turns soft. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.